A woman was walking along the quayside where a fishing boat was moored and heard a bang. A person in flames came out of a door in the boat. The woman shouted to the person to jump into the water, which he did. The woman then called for help from other people nearby and they all helped to pull the burned person out of the water. After some time the injured person arrived at a hospital and was given intensive care.
The material damage was rather small. The injured man had been preparing for some painting work in the machine room, and had been cleaning the surfaces he was going to paint with solvent or diesel. Inflammable gases had spread and eventually an explosive mixture formed in the poorly ventilated room. This mixture was ignited when an electrical appliance was turned on, in this case a heater.
This underlines the need to be attentive to risks when carrying out what appears to be relatively risk-free work.